Re: Proposal: Why not use testing-proposed-updates?

>  * Testing is popular and with increased usage comes increased demand

This was certainly feared when testing was created.  Does effort on
making testing a more supported day-to-day release do anything other
than detract from getting it out the door?

(On that note: does anyone have a list of recommended hardware for
current purchase for the various platforms that are getting in the way
of the release? m68k and hppa seem to be the weak links from my scan
of the RC buglist (looking for things I *could* help with -- and
finding very few real "bugs with programs" like the lzop/tar one, a
surprisingly large number of "packaging bugs with trivial [included
even] patches", and a split among various non-x86 platform-specific
bugs with please for help.  I've actually *got* a pile of sun 3/50's
and HP 300's, but apparently those aren't viable debian/68k platforms;
I have some random hppa hardware that I'll try and get up and running
this weekend; and while alpha/AXP has been "declared dead", it isn't
"actually dead" like 68k, and there's still stuff available new worth
getting, right?)
			_Mark_ <eichin@thok.org>
			The Herd of Kittens
			Debian Package Maintainer