Re: facilitating donations

also sprach Adam Majer <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> [2002.01.30.2347 +0100]:
> I know what you are talking about [even though I'm in Canada :-]. IMHO,
> the best thing to do is to have some sort of an "office" in Europe. Maybe
> in Germany. They would receive all donations from around the world and
> the current system could remain for people in Canada/US.

this already exists in the form of a cooperation with ffis, the
foundation for promotion of free information and software in germany:
  http://www.ffis.de/Verein/spi-en.html

but it's still a hassle to donate if you are in the UK (or any other
non-Euro country). the banks will earn the most, and donations to
debian shouldn't let anyone cut a piece of the cake who isn't debian.

today's an excellent day
for putting slinkies on an escalator.