Re: mozilla-0.9.7+ in woody?

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 02:19:00AM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> Just wandering,
>
> I'm running stable on one box (the gateway) and unstable on
> another. The mozilla version for stable (0.9.5) is ugly and a memory
> hog. Any hope for 0.9.7+ in stable? I'd really like to use Galeon (or
> Mozilla++), but it is not available with 0.9.5. What to to, switch to
> unstable. Other alternatives?

There were some ugly dependencies - the mozilla-locale-... packages used
to be hardwired to a specific mozilla version.

This has caused delays in mozilla packages moving to testing, a situation
which is being fixed, with the locale packages' dependencies becoming
less restrictive. I know, because I recently started to maintain
the de-at locale package.

So there is hope of seeing new mozilla packages moving into testing much
sooner as a consequence.

In my experience, 0.9.7 has a few very annoying ... features, which make it
less usable than both 0.9.5 and .6.

Florian