Re: Installed samba 2.2.2-11 (i386 source all)

There should really be a (non-private) list that allows for discussion
of security issues in debian, for those concerned.  debian-security is
too close to debian-user, with people asking iptables questions and
such; debian-private (where it's currently done) doesn't inform
non-developers, and obviously DSAs are only applicable to stable.  It
would be nice to have someplace low traffic to discuss vulnerabilities
(like the rsync --daemon hole that SuSE/EnGarde just announced to
bugtraq, which hasn't had any debian discussion yet), possible
solutions/patches (which may affect only unstable, testing, etc), and to
critique how previous security issues were handled (constructively, of
course).

I would really love to know about things like the smbfs local root
exploit (without having to be warned by someone who's got a shell on one
of my boxes first), and what the progress is w/ getting rsync fixed..
debian-vuln?