Re: balsa build help

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 09:16:09AM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> The problem will reoccur when the final executable is linked, though,
> won't it?  Since the final executable (balsa) is a C-executable.

Oh, pspell gives a C interface.  (That makes this bug more severe.)  In
that case, adding the stdc++ link explicitely is probably all that can
be done until it's fixed in the library.

> There is logic in autoconf linking libraries incrementally
> (i.e. linking all previously discovered libraries into each successive
> test) - since the final executable will be linked with them all, why
> not discover the incompatibilty at configure time?

There may be many binaries being linked with varying libraries, etc.  If
this test is wanted, it should be done explicitely (link a test program
against all of the libraries in use), not as a side-effect.  I don't
think it matters, though.

--
Glenn Maynard