please stop the /opt discussion

Do we really have to do this discussion?
No Package has used /opt, and there is nothing to gain by using it, but
confusion. Packages are using and thus should continue using
/usr/lib/<package> etc. which is just 4 characters longer...
So please stop the discussion and let the kde maintainers do it right.
I'm sure they will.
If you really want to continue this discussion, consider debian-policy.
I'm optimistic that they'll just add the sentence
"/opt is not to be used by Debian Packages at all"
to the policy, then this is solved.

Greetings,
Erich