Re: mindi fails on Linux Debian system

Lets take abuse@debian.org of the cc list, this is not an abuse
complaint. Lets add debian-devel since this actually is a normal
technical question.

Previously Kenneth H. Carpenter wrote:
> I have been using the Debian distribution since it first came out, and
> I appreciate the effort that has been made to make it robust and keep it
> "free."  But I think it would be helpful if Debian did not change the
> entry points for standard utilities so that ones wanting to add software
> not in Debian would not have to be aware of these changes.

In this case it seems a wrapper was added to work around some devfs
issues, but it calls the actual lilo with the exact options you gave
it. Can you explain how exactly that broke mindi? Once we know
exactly what the problems is we can look at fixing it.

Wichert.

 /wichert@wiggy.net         This space intentionally left occupied \
| wichert@deephackmode.org            http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |