Re: L10n of Debconf templates

In Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:40:44 +0100 Denis cum veritate scripsit :

> Below is a list of closed bugreports.
> Note also that almost all open bugreports appear in packages where
> templates
> are not translated or in only one language.  IMO these maintainers
> either do
> not want their templates to be translated, or do not know what to do
> with these
> translated templates.  In the latter case, adding into bugreports step
> by step
> instructions could help.

I would like to ask why these translations are filed as bug reports,
with the translation pasted in the middle of mail.

Is it really safe to do so (e.g. does sending it via e-mail
guarantee that the character set is preserved rightly)?

I am a bit worried, because I don't know if (for example) a
portuguese translation is rightly represented, and I didn't
re-code the characters in a wrong way.

And yes, a step-by-step instruction would be nice. :P

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4