Re: do what? kdm installs gnome?

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:41:19 +0100
martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> wrote:

> okay, kdm depends on the pseudo package x-session-manager or
> x-window-manager, the first of which kdebase provides as well. however,
> is there a way for apt-get to select kdebase instead of gnome when kdm
> is installed? the above i kind of ridiculous and funny at the same time.
>
> what do you think?
I think kdm should depend on:

kdebase |  x-session-manager | x-window-manager

lintian should have told the maintainer (as it told me once) that
you should specify a "better" package with | when specifying a
virtual package, maybe it got confused because it already had a |?

that way, kdm will select kdebase as the default (a natural choice...)
but will accept gnome-session, for example, if it is installed

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |