Re: What config file for a .pm perl module ?

Eric Van Buggenhaut <eric@andago.com> writes:

> The upstream code requires the administrator to introduce the user
> data (username, password, port, database, etc.) in the same Password.pm file,
> which looks horrible to me.

Ok, we've seen some solutions but the real problem remains: The perl
modules in question can only be used proberly by users with acess to
the configuration file.

Why shouldn't normal users be able to use the module in a unrestricted
way?

Perl programmers should be able to make a config-hash themself and
feed that to the module (probaly the constructor for the objects
belonging to the module.)

--
Når folk spørger mig, om jeg er nørd, bliver jeg altid ilde til mode
og svarer lidt undskyldende: "Nej, jeg bruger RedHat".