Re: What config file for a .pm perl module ?

Eric Van Buggenhaut <eric@andago.com> writes:

> The upstream code requires the administrator to introduce the user
> data (username, password, port, database, etc.) in the same Password.pm file,
> which looks horrible to me.

Ok, we've seen some solutions but the real problem remains: The perl
modules in question can only be used proberly by users with acess to
the configuration file.

Why shouldn't normal users be able to use the module in a unrestricted

Perl programmers should be able to make a config-hash themself and
feed that to the module (probaly the constructor for the objects
belonging to the module.)

Når folk spørger mig, om jeg er nørd, bliver jeg altid ilde til mode
og svarer lidt undskyldende: "Nej, jeg bruger RedHat".
                                -- Allan Olesen på dk.edb.system.unix