Re: update_excuses.html

Anthony Towns <ajt@master.debian.org> writes:

> Hrm, the guile-core 1:1.4-18 upload doesn't seem to build anywhere
> (the hppa, ia64 and mipsel autobuilders have tried, I've tried on my
> ppc laptop, and the i386 autobuilder has also tried). All fail
> because libguile9 doesn't get put in debian/install/usr/lib for some
> reason...

Hmm well right now I just tried building the plain upstream guile 1.4
source on voltaire, and it fails too.  I'll try to track this down,
but this is using the upstream tarfile with a plain ./configure call
followed by "make" which AFAIK has been working fine up to now.  It
seems like something outside guile/libtool has changed.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

It fails as shown below, and if I update via the latest libtoolize,
etc. it gets further, but dies on a similar "bad argument" error, this
time to gcc, when trying to link libguile.

/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2  -o libltdlc.la   ltdl.lo -ldl
rm -fr .libs/libltdlc.la .libs/lib.* .libs/lib.*
ar cru
Usage: ar [-X32_64] [-]{dmpqrstx}[abcfilNoPsSuvV] [member-name] [count] archive-file file...
       ar -M [<mri-script]
 commands:
  d            - delete file(s) from the archive
  m[ab]        - move file(s) in the archive
  p            - print file(s) found in the archive
  q[f]         - quick append file(s) to the archive
  r[ab][f][u]  - replace existing or insert new file(s) into the archive
  t            - display contents of archive
  x[o]         - extract file(s) from the archive
 command specific modifiers:
  [a]          - put file(s) after [member-name]
  [b]          - put file(s) before [member-name] (same as [i])
  [N]          - use instance [count] of name
  [f]          - truncate inserted file names
  [P]          - use full path names when matching
  [o]          - preserve original dates
  [u]          - only replace files that are newer than current archive contents
 generic modifiers:
  [c]          - do not warn if the library had to be created
  [s]          - create an archive index (cf. ranlib)
  [S]          - do not build a symbol table
  [v]          - be verbose
  [V]          - display the version number
  [-X32_64]    - (ignored)
ar: supported targets: elf32-powerpc aixcoff-rs6000 elf32-powerpcle ppcboot elf32-little elf32-big srec symbolsrec tekhex binary ihex
make[1]: *** [libltdlc.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rlb/guile-tmp/guile-1.4/libltdl'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
rlb@voltaire:~/guile-tmp/guile-1.4$

--
Rob Browning