>   types:
>     ui
>     licence
>
>   keywords:
>     x11, type=ui
>     text, type=ui
>     gpl, type=licence
>     bsd, type=linence
>
>   it's basically normalizing data... it has number of advantages (I
> guess that's obvious). you can e.g. check the type - it has to exists.
> etc.

I think that the other solution is better. You have the type in the
name, so the system could add cathegories without defining them. (e.g.
some organisation like ximian could have additional local orthogonal
types and you had no need to update the control-file which definies the
types.)

And though the types are orthogonal, or better because of this, it might
be a good solution, to have the same name under different types. e.g.
ui:text and processes:text (this is a little bit contructed, but is
there to show a possibility.)

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link