Re: Grub

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 02:36:35PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Tollef Fog Heen <tollef@add.no> writes:
>
> > What would that be when you talk about the Hurd in another language?
> > It would sound a bit strange to say something like 'Jeg skal
> > installere the Hurd'. (I'm going to install the Hurd, in Norwegian).
>
> My preference is to use the normal native direct article.

And take his word for it, this is the bastard who saddled us with the
term in the first place.  :)

Otherwise, the GNU kernel would have had the much cuter and
non-article-encumbered name "Alix", and might have taken off much
earlier.  ;-)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    A celibate clergy is an especially
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    good idea, because it tends to