rscheme and libgmp2

The only package that depends upon libgmp2, and isn't being fixed by the
maintainer, is rscheme.

I asked Rob Browning about this, as his name is still on the package, and
he says that the package is orphaned.

I'd like to remove libgmp2 but the current binary of rscheme in my
available file depends upon it.

If there is no way to resolve the rscheme dependence, I'll need someone to
do an NMU on libgmp2 for bug #104648. All the patches are available from
the libgmp3 source, but I'm still looking for a job and don't have the
hour or two to apply and build the patches.

All ideas appreciated,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-