Re: RFC: Keywords instead of Section

    This may be a tad off topic, but one aspect of debian that has
bothered me is the inability to get dpkg to list the installed packages
in an unformatted manner. For example, I often I have custom kernel
packages with rather lengthy names which don't fit in the available
space from dpkg -l. Thus when I am trying to purge specific kernel
packages I have to guess the ending of the package name. It would be
nice if there was a flag for dpkg which would list the packages without
attempting to do formatting (and perhaps without the installation status
information) such that you got a complete list of all the installed
packages by their full names in an untruncated form.
                   Jack