Re: RFC: Keywords instead of Section

> I agree that Debian need tools to find packages, but I am not sure
> keywords search is the solution because this suppose everybody agree
> on keywords and it is seldom the case. Even if Debian developpers
> agree on the list of keywords, will Debian users agree on their
> meaning ?

That is why they should be presented the list of keywords.
These Keywords are NOT for entering them.
I think that is a major misunderstanding people will make.
The keywords are for _browsing_.

> Also another problem currently is that lots of package provide
> fonctionnalities user may never have thought of before reading the
> description, but are very useful.  I remember the first time I read by
> chance the description of wwwoffle, I immediatly understood it was a
> very useful package for me. But I would have never made a specific
> search for such a package.

You won't find such a package by "searching", but you might find it by
browsing for www + dialin.

> I would prefer search based on the description content. It is already
> available in console-apt, for example, and there are other tools for
> doing that, "apt-cache search" and  dpkg-query in the dpkg-iasearch
> package.

That is a full text search which has nothing to with browsing.
That is the way to go if you know what you want (and guess what words
were used in the Description...), browsing is nice if you are looking
for interesting software you do not know.
p.e. i think many mobile users don't know the nice tools "intuitively",
or "divine", "whereami" etc. or they wouldn't have written the same
program three times...

Greetings,
Erich