Re: Has a Debian developer ever unintentionally wiped out user files like Apple?

Previously Adam Warner wrote:
> (a) Debian packages have been released into unstable, etc. that would
> cause unintended data loss either at install, remove or purge time.

I suspect it happened a few times.

> (b) Whether there are any known cases of someone being affected.

I'm not aware of anyone being hit by it though lukily. Filenames
with spaces in them seem to be quite rare.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |