Re: Take 2: Preparing 2.2r4

Michael Schmitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > mac-fdisk   stable    0.1-3           m68k, powerpc
> > mac-fdisk   updates   0.1-6.0potato1  powerpc
> > pmac-fdisk  stable    0.1-3           powerpc
> > pmac-fdisk  updates   0.1-6.0potato1  powerpc
> >
> >         * Feature added: menu option to create bootstrap partition needed for
> >           powerpc NewWorld machines with the proper type and size (patch supplied
> >           by Ethan Benson). This should help newbies that won't read the docs
> >           anyway. Closes: #99660.
> >
> >         * Bugfix: mac-fdisk used to get the disk size wrong when brute force
> >           probing for end-of-disk by seek&read. Turns out gcc did not cope with
> >           arithmetics on long long types without explicit cast. Closes: #99700.
> >
> >         I wonder why there was an m68k version of mac-fdisk.
> >

> m68k Macs are supported by potato, that's why. The real question would

So the same boot-loader will wor for m68k *and* powerpc machines?

> be: why wasn't 0.1-6.0potato1 built for m68k? Well, I thought I had ...

Upload it later, with a proper note and I'll add it to the list for
2.2r5

> #99660 is a non-issue for m68k. #99700 might hit people with large disks
> - if they decide to re-initialize the disk (not that likely, mac-fdisk
> cannot create driver partitions required by MacOS, and m68k Macs need
> that to boot).

These packages will be part of 2.2r4, so things should go well.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Crap can work.
Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a good idea.