Re: Default MTA and dependencies

On Fre, 02 Nov 2001, Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> Tollef> The dependencies on just mail-transport-agent is a bug, afaik,
>
> Why? This looks just fine to me. Some programs just need a mail
> transport agent, without any preference.

lintian produces a warning when you just use a virtual-package:

W: heise-register: virtual-package-depends-without-real-package-depends httpd
N:
N:   The package declares a depends on a virtual package without listing a
N:   real package as an alternative first.
N:
N:   Refer to Packaging Manual, section 8.6 for details.
N:

--
	Noèl Köthe