Re: RFC: SDL and X static extension libraries re-revisited

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> More to the point, people developing against stock XFree86 won't be
> building applications that expect to link against shared versions of
> these libraries.

Sure they are.  That's how we got into this problem in the first
place, with various DVD players telling their users to convert libXv.a
into a .so so their plugins could load them.

DM Advice:  The rulebook you want is at the bottom of the stack.