Re: RFC: SDL and X static extension libraries re-revisited

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 08:33:59AM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> What happens if two different dynamic objects, destined to be linked
> into the same runtime, are linked against different versions of the
> library?
>
> E.g. xfoo links libfoo and libbar, two graphics related libraries.
> They both have the capability to use DGA, so they both statically link
> the dga lib.
>
> Is that a problem?

I don't know, but I get the feeling it would be a problem.  On the other
hand, I don't know how you'd get two different versions of a _pic.a
object onto a system at the same time, anyway.  At least under the
proposal I'm making, this would be impossible.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If you wish to strive for peace of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    soul, then believe; if you wish to