Re: ITP: xtradius -- Free radius server implementation.

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 10:48:21AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>
> > Previously Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > Oh, in which case it should definitely be added to the list of conflicts if
> > > people are going to go that route.  That'll teach me to run 'apt-cache search'
> > > on a machine running testing...
>
> > Isn't there a radius-server virtual package, or if not wouldn't it
> > make sense to create that instead? That would simplify things a
> > lot.
>
> Seemed appropriate to me, but I thought I might be missing some reason why a
> virtual package wouldn't work here.
>
> Steve Langasek
> postmodern programmer

In my experience, if the package provides a conflicting binary, such
as radiusd (as usual) this suffices to manage conflicts.
See radiusd-cistron, for example. radiusd-livingston conflicts
directly with radiusd-cistron, instead.
Anyway a pseudo-package should be defined and adopted.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine