Re: PROPOSED: slight change to wnpp procedures

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 10:35:32PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > You are not going to harass us into special casing you.
> I wouldn't dream of it, hence the proposal in this thread.

Uh, and you figure making people mail the BTS specially for each new
package uploaded (instead of adding a Closes line to the changelog),
and filing, what, a dozen new bugs against ftp.debian.org every week is
something other than harassment [0]?

It's a NEW package (ie, one not currently in unstable or experimental),
and'll be treated the same way NEW ones are across the board. It's not
really that complicated.

Why, btw, are you uploading a NEW package with the maintainer set to -qa,
especially when -qa has already asked for the package to be removed from
the distro? That's usually considered somewhat irresponsible.

Cheers,
aj

[0] A few weeks ago, the term would've been "bug terrorism", but maybe not
    now.

 ``Freedom itself was attacked this morning by faceless cowards.
     And freedom will be defended.''   Condolences to all involved.