Re: Section oddities

>> Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> writes:

 > More precisely, the info that makes it into the dpkg status file is
 > not necessarily the info in the package itself, it can be the info
 > from its available. The available file is build from the Packages
 > files on the various deb archives used, which are in turn made using
 > dpkg-scanpackages or apt-ftparchive. Which in turn use the deb files
 > again, but also have an optional override that can override some of
 > the fields.

 yeap, what he so verbosely said.

 My remark was actually motivated by the fact that the original poster
 said that he was using a locally generated (and from the look of it,
 never uploaded) package, in which case saying the 'overrides file on
 the ftp archive' was not really the most helpful piece of information.

                Marcelo,
                resisting the urge to quote a message that will
                remain unquoted.