Re: Don't know what to do!

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 11:58:14PM +0200, Dominik Kubla wrote:
> I am afraid i must disagree. True, Linus says the same, but that doesn't
> make it right. Everything that interacts with the kernel interface (libc,
> quota, *fsck, ...) has to use the headers where that interface is
> declared.

Actually the idea is, that only libc has to do it and they construct the
defines automatically. But it does not work for a lot of tools which are too
speciel or too new to have libc support. I tried to be clever and support
multiple kernel versions in net-tools for a long time. i changed this to
planly copy the defines.. much less problems!

Greetings
Bernd