Re: Default locale

Tomohiro KUBOTA <tkubota@riken.go.jp> writes:

> Hi,
>
> At 03 Aug 2001 19:34:09 +0200,
> racke@linuxia.de (Stefan Hornburg (Racke)) wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > how I can query the current language (locale) when running
> > my debconf .config script ?
>
> LANG or LC_ALL environmental variable.  You also need locales
> package.  You also need proper fonts (and environments to
> display these fonts) for translated messages.  However,
> I think ISO-8859-1 people don't have to care about font
> configuration.  If you don't know about ISO-8859-1, consult
> http://czyborra.com/charsets/iso8859.html#ISO-8859-1 .

Thanks for the answer ! I try this out. Fonts aren't needed.
I just thought it would make sense to set the locale for
a software in the same way the system is configured.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices