Re: Question about Draft Resolution Proposal

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 08:20:56PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> You can certainly propose a resolution to do this; the Debian
> developers can by GR override any decision. I will not comment on
> the specific text of your resolution.

Could we *please* have a statement by James Troup as to why he has not
created an account for Eray so far?

I'm indifferent WRT whether Eray gets accepted as DD or not, but
_something_MUST_ happen now!

Somehow I get the impression that people don't realize what damage
they're doing: The Debian Project has created democratic structures
for the interaction among DDs, and also fair procedures for accepting
new people as DDs. Leaving a NM application in continual limbo shows
disregard for democratic principles like granting equal opportunity to
all applicants, and making processes transparent.

Do we want to take action against signs of such disregard _now_, or do
we want to tolerate them and maybe also see them appear in other
areas? I'm also counting on the DPL to see what's at stake here.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _