Re: balsa: orphaned?

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 10:42:29AM +0200, christophe barbé wrote:
> Yes balsa is a great program and should not be orphaned and if nobody is
> interesting in packaging it, I would certainly ITP it soon.
>
> By the way, I build on a nearly daily bases debian package from cvs. You
> can find my packages at the following url :
> 	http://ufies.org/~christophe

Christophe, thanks for doing the daily packages.  A useful service to all!

> Le jeu, 26 jui 2001 10:58:08, Erik Steffl a écrit :
> >   what's up with balsa? there's a huge number of old bugs (year or two
> > old) including the ne that makes it uninstallable (+2 month days):

Various silly packagine problems delayed the upload, then I did
upload, but had a broken gnupg.  Sorry about all that.  I uploaded
1.1.7 a few days ago, you should all be able to try it out now!!

> > Grave functionality bugs - outstanding
> >
> > (A list of all such bugs used to be available).
> >
> >      #98110: balsa: depends on libltdl0, which has been removed
> >      Package: balsa; Severity: grave; Reported by: Colin Watson
> > <cjw44@flatline.org.uk>; 66 days old.
> >
> >   anybody knows what's going on?

That one's closed now.  So are many others, although doubtless some
cruft-bugs remain.

Jules