adopting packages shouldn't always be done on "first come first served" basis

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 07:52:32PM -0300, Carlos Laviola wrote:
> > i'd like to take over grip, if nobody minds.
>
> Too late for you (and me :( ). Someone else has already ITAed this
> package.

Please note that a RFA != O, that is, the maintainer still has every right
to give the package to whoever s/he wants, not the first person who posted
an ITA.

I'd even go so far to say that the person who posts an ITA for an orphaned
package should ask the previous maintainer for his opinion.