Re: support for multilingual Packages files?

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 09:11:47PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Fri, 6 Jul 2001 11:16:09 +0200,
> Radovan Garabik <garabik@melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk> wrote:
>
> > are you going to tell those maintainers to change their names? :-)
>
> Then, may I write my name in non-ASCII letters (Kanji in EUC-JP
> encoding) in Maintainer: field ?  Please use ASCII transcription
> (for example, &uuml; -> u) for this purpose.

&uuml; (which is 'ü') would be 'ue' in ASCII, not 'u'.  These umlaut
dots aren't just decoration that can be left out.  (But of course the
maintainers in question would know that.)

--
Andreas E. Bombe <andreas.bombe@munich.netsurf.de>    DSA key 0x04880A44