Re: keyring.debian.org & pgp.net

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:

> I also noticed this corruption in my key, and I was quite glad when I
> noticed that keyring.debian.org could handle the keys fine, AND that gnupg
> could handle the corrupt key (by dropping the corrupted subkey packet when
> importing).

keyring.debian.org does work well, but I have not been able to get it
to properly import.  Dropping the corrupted subkey packet is not a
solution because then the keypair becomes useless for encryption
(unless you happened to use ElGamal for both signing and encrypting
and thus don't need a subkey anyway).

>> to get the key back to a usable state after it has been so corrupted.
>
> You say you managed to get yours fixed... how? I'd like to fix mine, too.

I'm not entirely sure whether they did it for me or uploading a key
with a newer subkey than the original reset it somehow...

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>                       www.complete.org
#include <std_disclaimer.h>  GnuPG key 0x8A1D9A1F from www.complete.org/key