Re: Debian DVDs

:-> "Eray" == Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr> writes:

    > When I read the /. piece about BSD distribution on DVD, I
    > thought it would be
    > a nifty way to go for us, too. Perhaps this was not feasible
    > when potato was
    > released (explaining why nobody really proposed to do it IIRC) but with
    > DVD-ROM's being so widely used it should be now.

DVD-ROM maybe, but the writer for them? They're still a lot
expensive. Maybe we can have someone press the DVD's for us, but
please leave us the ability to burn our own CD's. I mean, do not throw
away all the efforts that have been made so far to put the most useful
software on the 1st cd. We may still need that for a long time before
a DVD burner will be as cheap as a CD-RW

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci@tin.it  -  http://gusp.dyndns.org
  Firenze - Italia  | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.4.5 #2 Sun Jun 3 09:50:34 CEST 2001 i686 unknown