Re: LSB bastards

>> Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@d2dc.net> writes:

 > That still doesn't help in terms of something like an OpenGL driver
 > which isn't something that a vendor will just provide and expect to
 > work.  It takes a fair bit of work to get OpenGL set up at the moment
 > and you're not going to be able to automate that I suspect.

 that is your experience, please don't make generalizations based on
 that alone.

 That said, the LSB (see? I can type, I can type!) doesn't specify
 glXGetProcAddressARB as a "valid" (sanctioned, whatever) function to
 use, which is *bad*.

 What some people seem to be missing here is that the LSB says a package
 might depend only on the lsb package.  Presumably this lsb package
 depends on all the stuff that makes the system LSB conformant.  On
 Debian this is something like xlibs, libc6, xlibmesa3 | libgl1, zlib1g,
 libncurses5.  The xlibs one might be overkill, the LSB calls for
 X11R6.4 and some extensions.

--
Marcelo             | If broomsticks were cars, this one would be a
mmagallo@debian.org | split-window Morris Minor.