Re: real LSB compliance

>> Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org> writes:

 > What on earth is this supposed to accomplish?

 I'm not sure exactly *how* but what it does is avoid loading "non-LSB"
 versions of the LSB "santioned" libraries.  To me it's not 100%
 entirely clear if there are copies of the compatible versions under
 /lib/lsb (or whatever the path actually is) or if this ld-lsb performs
 some trickery to accomplish this.  The source is not readly available
 atm (part of it is on a MySQL DB which is not accesible atm).

 Reading thru the discussion regarding this is panic inducing.  The
 idea, AFAICS, is to fork any of these libraries as soon as it becomes
 incompatible upstream.  Part of ld-lsb's functionality is to look
 automagically under /lib/lsd.

--
Marcelo             | "It's a god-eat-god world."
mmagallo@debian.org |         -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)