Re: Debian 3.0 (woody) Freeze Begins

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> And on that note, I'm inclined to think Hurd is probably better off
> targetting the next freeze, (in, say, six to eight months from today)
> rather than woody. In particular, Hurd is at present both a difficult
> target to port to (and thus has a quite limited range of software when
> compared to the Linux ports of Debian) and isn't able to self install.

Could you please create a testing tree for hurd-i386 (and maybe all
the other architectures as well), with the "not keeping up" flag set?
(and maybe the advertise-that-it-is-not-keeping-up flag unset, as well,
to not make the update-excuses report too verbose).

The testing distribution takes care of ensuring that dependencies are
always met, among other things, and this is something which *greatly*
enhances the usability of every architecture, not only those which are
about to be released.

Thanks.