kdm forgetting available session-types

Hello world!
I have yesterday been bitten the third time by a strange bug: the
kde2-session in the config-file for kdm (/etc/X11/kdm/kdmrc) had vanished.
After some tests, I found out that an install of cervisia had triggered this
fault this time, the several times before not being analyzed.
It is not the case that any install triggers this problem (installed curves
without fuss) but it seems as if kde-related programs did that.
Now, before filing a bug-report, I'd like to find out against what that bug
should be filed.
If kdmrc is supposed to be a generated file, I wonder why this is not
mentioned in the file itself and what the source for this file is.
If all kde-progs share some code that triggers this feature, I'll have a lot
bug-reports to file, but would rather save the bandwidth for a more
constructive approach.

suggestions?
Uli