Re: Intent to Rewrite: pwgen

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 11:20:44PM -0400, Theodore Tso wrote:
> OK, I've released pwgen 2.0, which is command-line compatible with the
> original pwgen, except it's the code is all copyright by me and
> released under the GPL.  You can get it at:
>
> 	http://sourceforge.net/projects/pwgen/

Looks very good. Implementing -h would be nice at some stage :)

One thing that I would find very useful although I'm not sure if pwgen
is the right place to put it, is an option to out put encrypted versions
of the password as normal crypt and as MD5.

At the moment I'm using a perl script to do it but it would ne nice if
the one utility provided everything.