Re: (long) tcpd compilation options and forced reverse lookup

On Jun 13,  3:57pm, Edouard Lafargue wrote:
>   * Two hosts, host1 and host2 have internet connection but the DNS is down
>   for some reason (for example mobile computers, or ppp link down etc...)

Not that is the answer to your question, but I personally prefer to have DNS
installed on every Linux machine I have -- DNS cache is rather convenient,
especially if either the link is slow (reduces traffic) or the DNS sometimes
goes out.

      Pawel

--
 (___)  | Pawel Wiecek ------------------- <coven@vmh.net> <+48603240006> |