Re: apt-{gnutella,freenet} (was: APT: Packages file to large to download everytime)

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 03:48:51PM +0100, Edward Betts wrote:
> Master recently went down, it is best if things are decentralised so that
> we have fewer single points of failure.

Hmm, a good first step in decentralization would be to have the list
archives and the BTS mirrored somewhere, but I'm not sure many people would
be interested in hosting those huge amounts of data that aren't so often
used. Does anyone volunteer? :)

Also, I don't know how much resources does mirroring from an ext2fs
directory with 40K entries takes, but judging by the previous experiences,
it's likely to be painful...