Re: grep-execuses -- testing update excuses utility

Andreas Fuchs wrote:
> Nice script, but I think that:
>
> 		if ($item=~/$string/) {
> should better be written as (conditionally, via a command-line option?):
>                 if ($item=~/*\s$string\s/) {
>
> lest "grep-excuses ed" (or any package name that is a substring of any
> other package name) gets messy...

Good point. Of course, you could use grep-excuses '\*\sed\s' with the
version I posted -- I didn't \Q $string for a reason. Anyway, I've
updated it to deal with this, and any future changes I make will be
available from http://cvs.kitenet.net/joey-cvs/bin/grep-excuses

--
see shy jo