Re: config.sub, upstream author responsibility?

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 06:43:43PM +0200, Alwyn Schoeman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got a bug report on one of my packages that it doesn't recognise a
> specific hardware platform and requires a new config.sub.  As this is part of
> the original source code, is this the upstream author's responsibility?
>
> If so, is the only thing I can do to request an update by that author or can
> I actually go change it?

You certainly can change it.  The right thing to do is to copy it
(either at build time or packaging time, I suppose...) from
autotools-dev.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team