Re: Intent to Rewrite: pwgen

On Thu, 31 May 2001 08:55:11 -0400, tytso@valinux.com wrote:
>So because of the licensing issues of the existing pwgen program (see
>Debian bug #39130) --- basically, there is no licensing statement, and
>without being able to identify all the people who have worked on it, it
>will be difficult to resolve them --- I've taken up the challenge of
>rewriting it from scratch.  It turns out that the existing code is
>overly complicated and somewhat buggy, and it's easier to rewrite it
>from scratch than to fix the existing code anyway.

Are you aware of apg (http://www.adel.nursat.kz/apg/)? It comes with a
DFSG-free license and seems to do a much better job of generating
passwords. I have filed an ITP a few weeks ago, didn't get around to
package it yet and would happily step aside if somebody else can do it
faster than me.

Greetings
Marc