libc 6 snarl

I've been bitten (Mon AM, tried half a dozen mirrors and main ftp debian
site).

I saw an email in the archives (I'm not actively on the list) re a form
of the libc 6 upgrade bug from last week.  I apologize if this has been
fully dealt with in more recent emails that are not in the archive

Current form breaks:
  libc6 depends on newer version of libdb2 than is available
      2:2.7.7-4 versus 2:2.7.7-3
  libc6-dev depends on older version of libc6
etc.  Don't know how deep the snarl goes but it's nasty.

I tried removing libc6-i686 as per last week's email but still
hung on the libc6 mess up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  It's blocking me from
doing any apt-get or dselect activity.  (and I sure tried
every flavor in the book to get around the problem).

Thanks for any info,
Heitzso