Re: Suggestion: Web-Interface for BTS should have a form to edit msgs.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 03:51:18PM +0200, Christian Hammers wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 08:47:58AM -0500, Gopal Narayanan wrote:
> > Not a good idea, IMHO. The traceability that so marks the current BTS
> > I worry especially about how to trace who closed bugs and such.
>
> And what about the idea of a version of the BTW that's reachable only with
> login by the maintainers? Maybe via the secure server that hosts
> https://db.debian.org?

That really is unwarranted. It even goes against our social contract
(clause 3) to put any part of the BTS behind closed doors. Realize
that anybody can close bugs, not just maintainers. Although, in
principle, bugs ought to be closed only by the submitter or the
maintainer. Frequently, submitters are not developers.

Gopal.

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer