error unpacking source?

I've just copied a package of mine to vore, to see if I can
also build it on a Sparc. Unpacking the source with
  dpkg-source -x scid_2.3-1.dsc
gives the following error:
  tar: Error in writing to standard output
  dpkg-source: extracting scid in scid-2.3
but the source seems to be unpacked without any problems.

Also, just unpacking the (upstream) source my self with
  zcat scid_2.3.orig.tar.gz | tar xf -
gives no errors at all.

Can anyone see what is going on? By the way, the same happens on
klecker; I don't recall anything weird happening when I tried this
on my own box.

Peter