Re: Strange mail/list behaviour? (was Re: Strange apt-get behavior with held packages)

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 04:41:21PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 10:29:21AM -0600, Taral wrote:
> > Well, either your mailer isn't q-p encoding your messages or l.d.o is
> > unencoding them. Either way, l.d.o should use q-p encoding to quote the
> > F rather than corrupting the message content.
>
> hmm?
>
> Is l.d.o doing anything at all?

You're absolutely right. I'm not sure why I wrote that... Anyway, my
intent was that _if_ l.d.o is un-encoding messages, it should re-encode
them with q-p. However, I think you're right. l.d.o doesn't change
messages except to add a few headers. In that case, ">From" is an
MUA/MTA artifact.

Does mutt q-p "From " lines? Probably does under PGP/MIME signatures...

Easy way to find out:
From test

--
Taral <taral@taral.net>