Re: Debian.org Passwords

Quoting Stefan Alfredsson <stefan@alfredsson.org>:

> I always thought you had to have schema definitions for every attribute, but
> I guess not :). But it might be nice to have for typechecking and
> defining how searches are done.

In OpenLDAP1, no. In OpenLDAP2, defenatly! I had a big problem with this when
I tried to move my OpenLDAP1 database to my test installation of OpenLDAP2
(I'm slowly migrating to use LDAPv3)... Correct schema etc is vital in
OpenLDAP2!

--
 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are

KGB Kennedy SEAL Team 6 BATF tritium Khaddafi DES explosion killed
bomb domestic disruption terrorist [Hello to all my fans in domestic
surveillance] Cocaine Peking