Building Galeon -- Mozilla-based web browser with GNOME look and feel

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 02:30:17AM +0100, Petr ?ech wrote:

> > > I had no problem making my own debs. what part are you having trouble
> > > with?
> >
> > do you need to have the full mozilla source available to build galeon or
> > is the mozilla-dev package enough?
>
> I compile galeon CVS regulary. It doesn't work with CVS mozilla, but I had
> success with the unofficial mozilla 0.8. And you, mozilla-dev and
> libnspr4-dev (or what's it's name)
>
> > anyone got a copy of the debianised galeon sources? i only grabbed the
>
> just ./configure;make;make install

OK, folks: where can I find the autoconf macro AM_PATH_GNOME??

I installed the packages, mozilla-dev, libnspr4-dev, and everything
else listed in Build-deps of the source-deb found at
http://people.debian.org/~btb/src/galeon/.

Then I pulled down the CVS sources, and tried building.  I couldn't
even generate the configure script.  The output is below.
[I also had to install liboaf-dev and libgconf-dev, to get
some other macros defined.]

-Steve

steve@riemann{galeon}sh autogen.sh
**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`autogen.sh' command line.

processing .
deletefiles is  macros/gnome-gettext.m4
Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
You should update your own `aclocal.m4' by adding the necessary
macro packages gettext.m4, lcmessage.m4 and progtest.m4 from
the directory `/aclocal'
Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
Running xml-i18n-toolize... Ignore non-fatal messages.
patching file po/Makefile.in.in
Hunk #2 succeeded at 34 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 89 with fuzz 2 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 216 (offset -1 lines).
Running aclocal  -I macros ...
aclocal: configure.in: 29: macro `AM_PATH_GNOME' not found in library

**Error**: aclocal failed. This may mean that you have not
installed all of the packages you need, or you may need to
set ACLOCAL_FLAGS to include "-I $prefix/share/aclocal"
for the prefix where you installed the packages whose
macros were not found

Where is the macro defined?  I installed all the *gnome*-dev packages
that looked reasonable, but still no dice.  What's the trick?

root@riemann{/root}dpkg --list '*gnome*dev'
||/ Name                 Version              Description
+++-====================-====================-========================================================
pn  gnome-db-dev         <none>               (no description available)
ii  libgdk-pixbuf-gnome- 0.10.0-1             The GNOME GdkPixBuf library - development files.
un  libglade-gnome-dev   <none>               (no description available)
ii  libglade-gnome0-dev  0.16-2               Development files for libglade (Gnome widgets support).
ii  libgnome-dev         1.2.12-2             The Gnome libraries -- development package
pn  libgnome-pilot-dev   <none>               (no description available)
pn  libgnome-pilot0-dev  <none>               (no description available)
ii  libgnome-vfs-dev     0.6.2-1              Libraries and include files for developing GNOME VFS app
ii  libgnomemm-dev       1.1.15-1             C++ wrapper for GNOME (development files)
ii  libgnomeprint-dev    0.25-2               The GNOME Print architecture (development files)
pn  libguilegnome-dev    <none>               (no description available)
pn  libobgnome-dev       <none>               (no description available)
pn  task-helix-gnome-dev <none>               (no description available)