Re:

On Thursday 08 March 2001 21:45, Ken Rudy wrote:
>     I am looking for a SCSI 2 Card that will work with the Debian O/S. This
> card must be PCI and must have software to support the hardware.  I am
> pretty clueless in UNIX-LINUX but i am getting the hang of it. I just need
> a place to start to purchase this card. Thank You

I can't help you with where you can buy it, but I can tell from personal
experience that an Adaptec AHA-2920 Fast-SCSI controller works perfectly with
both Windows and Linux. It is indeed a PCI-card, but beware, as I think ISA
and EISA-versions exists.
Anyway, anything AIC-7xxx-compatible will do, but if you really want to be
sure, get the linux-kernel-source, and run a "make menuconfig". Then scroll
down to the section with SCSI-controllers, there you should be able to find a
complete listing of every SCSI-controller supported by Linux. Armed with this
information, it should be a matter of pick-n-buy at your local hardware
dealer :)

Rgds
Kenneth