Re: ITP: Galeon -- Mozilla-based web browser with GNOME look and feel

On 7 Mar 01 23:36:03 GMT, Bradley Bell <btb@debian.org> wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 10:59:32PM +0000, Frank Copeland wrote:

>> Trying to keep up with galeon on a Debian system is an exercise in
>> frustration these days. Having to build your own mozilla (until the
>> last couple of days) is just the start. Does it really *have* to be
>> this hard?
>
>I had no problem making my own debs.  what part are you having trouble with?

Coming from a debian.org address I should hope not... I have no problem
building my own packages. I've been building them for months now. I was
half-way through building mozilla 0.8 when I discovered it had been
NMU'd. What bothers me is that the lack of an official *recent* mozilla
package is raising the bar to participation in galeon development too
high. It's one thing to download a 1Mb source archive that builds in 10
minutes. It's another to download 30Mb of source needing 500MB free
space to compile and discover 3 hours later that the bloody makefiles
are broken.

The suggestion that this needs a lawyer to fix is a joke. The non-US
archive is there for a reason.

Frank